Sunday 14 July 2019

Preparin' For Da Storm

Intro

Depression is something that can be fatal for many of us, indeed sadly it has been and will continue to be. I am suffering with certain troubles right now, but am mindful that if two or three calamaties struck - serious illness along  with the death of a loved one and perhaps homelessness - at once, then it could precipitate depression (indeed this has happened to many others in the past and will sadly again in the future). So with all of this on my mind, I have decided to take a pro-active stance and take up a range of activities in an effort to help prepare myself for any impending storm. Meditation, physical excercise and learning the ability to be kind to youself and others will be part of this. My poetry is just the start. This piece reflects what I have just discussed above. Sort out your shit before it gets too smelly. Fix the roof when the sun's a shining. Take heart!



Lucky, I
Never had too much shit
To shift, in this world
I have had
And continue to struggle
With little things, little pieces of shit
My big shit will hit later
Lose a child
Lose a mother
Lose a leg
Lose a job
Lose a home
Lose hope
My storm has not erupted yet
I am lucky
My form is good now
My mind is clear now
But for how long will this peace survive?
Now is the time for me
To prepare
To meditate
And to share
So I can face this pain
When it arrives with force
As it will, of course
I now will go
Go to work on my body and mind
So that I can deal
With this storm
When it decides to arrive on my shores
Cos when it brings its pain
I need to be trained
To cope
To cope, we all need hope
So now I go to work
And help myself 
To stay strong
And to learn along
As this voyage continues
This world keeps on turnin' 'n' burnin'

© Iano, 2019

Organic Vibes 02.04.2024

  PLAY LIST AUGUSTUS PABLO - East of the River Nile/Intro J. MASCIS - Can't Believe We're Here ('What Do We Do Now' LP/Sub...