Monday 29 July 2019

Grovellin' Down Grosvenor Road


Out 'n' about
I sometimes grovel
Not grovellin' really
But on my bike I grovel
Down Grosvenor Road
Grovellin' Down dis place of disgrace
Where you don't see faces
Only cars parked in spaces
On these streets lie houses of riches
But all I can do is grovel along as I sit on my saddle
So I can peddle and paddle my way away
From the clamour of  Grosvenor's grip
Grovellin' down street after street

Templemore comes into sight
Templemore Road - where many garda's may be sighted
When they retire could they come here, I think
To live 'n' die in Templemore?
My heart sinks as I feel like passing out
But I simply continue to pass out 
The parked vehicles on Templemore Road
I just continue to grovel
Grovellin' on my wheels
Avoidin' da deals
Quick on my heels

Soon I travel to Frankfort
Yeah, Frankfort Road
Gotta learn some German
In case I spy a Herman 
Or a Wilkinson or a White
In these sites
No sausages here in Frankfort Road
No, these burghers prefer finer meat
In this part of Dublin a meal is a MEAL
And I'm in no mood to grovel
Grovellin' along the road
On my firm ole wheels
Without a wobble

They're all up 
In Rathmines Upper
Dem upper classes 
Are all up der asses
No one chats or talks up 'ere
No, they're all tucked away 
In their nice mansion houses
Ensconced in their posh pads
All happy escapin' reality
Escapin'...
I just keep on my grovel 
As my bike turns without bovva
I'm now happy 
A happy chappy
Cos my grovel is finished
My grovellin' is over
I'm away from the Grosvenors
And I'm stiff with a boner!



© Iano, 2019


Organic Vibes 02.04.2024

  PLAY LIST AUGUSTUS PABLO - East of the River Nile/Intro J. MASCIS - Can't Believe We're Here ('What Do We Do Now' LP/Sub...