Wednesday 31 July 2019

A Rhatigan Infestation


Sittin' in de pub
I look above
And haunted by da sites
The enormous white 
Swivel chair in da sky
Bloke sittin' in cabin
Probably havin' a wank
Before he starts work
Over all of us
Controlling a big fat Rhatigan
I leave, but night after night
I am haunted by Rhatigans
Rhatigans - too many in Ireland
Worse dan de vatican
Ole Rhatigan and his clanfolk
Poke us and choke us
Lookin' up to de heavens
I see six or more up der now
Pollutin' da sky
Ready to give some building a wallop
A whallop?
Better to give dem frauds in dat House
In Stráid Kildara some whallops
They could do with a big whallop of a Rhatigan
Fine Gael voters presumably
Love Rhatigans, if they were people
They'd make love to Rhatigans
If Rhatigans were people too
But these cranes just cause me pain
They make me hate this place
Sowin' der poxy seeds
Creatin' spaces...
A hotel, an office block, maybe
While ordinary folks go
Without homes
Liftin' heavy masonry
But not liftin' me
I keep seein' Rhatigans
Maybe we can put down some poison
Gotta get some Rhatigan poison
We got to keep out of this Rhatigan race
This race that eats up space 
Makes us a disgrace

© Iano, 2019


Organic Vibes 02.04.2024

  PLAY LIST AUGUSTUS PABLO - East of the River Nile/Intro J. MASCIS - Can't Believe We're Here ('What Do We Do Now' LP/Sub...